Submit a Report of Harassment or Discrimination

Submit a Report of Harassment or Discrimination

Report an Incident

Anyone can report an incident of discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual violence by sending an email to sends e-mail)

Please know that if you are forwarding a report that you saw on social media and your knowledge of that report is limited to what you have read or seen on social media and you do not have direct knowledge of what occurred, please let us know so that we do not work to contact you for more information.


Making a Report

OPHD reads every report brought to our attention.  In order to help us respond to the report, please include as much of the following information as possible:

  • Your name
  • The name of the person experiencing the harassment or discrimination (if not you)
  • The name of the person who is alleged to have committed the harassment or discrimination
  • A brief description of what happened or of the concern


What Happens After You Make a Report

Once we receive a report, we send an email to the individual who experienced the harassment or discrimination.  In that email we include an invitation to meet with us to discuss what steps our office can take to address the situation and we provide campus and community resources available to assist.


OPHD Working Remotely During COVID-19

OPHD will maintain normal business hours (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) and continue to respond to reports, conduct interviews, and work to resolve complaints.  Although we have had to suspend in-person meetings, we are continuing our work through web and video-conferencing, and phone.  Please refer to University's website on COVID-19(link is external)(link is external) for more information.



Please know that we are not crisis responders and do not provide emergency services.  If you are experiencing an emergency or need immediate assistance with a matter of sexual violence, please contact one of the following resources: 



UC Berkeley PATH to Care Center(link is external)(link is external) Confidential Advocate

  • 24-hour urgent care line: (510) 643-2005
  • Office line: (510) 642-1988


UC Berkeley Police Department(link is external)(link is external) (UCPD)

  • Emergency direct from a cell phone on or near campus: (510) 642‑3333
  • Non-emergency number: (510) 642‑6760


Bay Area Women Against Rape(link is external)(link is external) (BAWAR), Alameda County

  • 24-hour hotline English/Spanish: (510) 845-7273
  • Please note that BAWAR also provides services to male-identified individuals.


Family Violence Law Center(link is external)(link is external) (FVLC), Alameda County

  • 24-hour crisis line: (800) 947-8301